Introducing the new Formula xHD
• Proprietary hybrid 2-stage XMOS xCore XE216 + FPGA
• Fully-floating (isolated) USB decoding and clock generation by FPGA with proprietary code
• High quality, long life, low noise parts and modular design that distinguish aqua – acoustic quality equipment
• Sample rate in “Bit Perfect” up to 768 kHz PCM and quad rate DSD (DSD256)
• Latest version of customized XMOS X Core Driver on Windows OS (W7, W10)
• Native X Core Audio on Mac OS (Bit Perfect)
• USB Audio 2.0 operation on Linux (Bit Perfect)
This update has required significant optimization of code for the main FPGA of R2R ladder DAC which has improved sound quality.
The new hybrid USB XMOS xCore 200 (dual core) + FPGA circuitry enables the high-resolution file playback up to 768kHz PCM and up to DSD256 (Quad DSD)
Upgrading to xHD
The update for the Formula units of existing owners consists of the following hardware / firmware modifications:
1. new hybrid USB Board cod. A108, high-resolution up to 768kHz PCM and DSD256 (Quad DSD)
2. hardware modification of board P1108 connected to USB board
3. new firmware of main FPGA (R2R ladder DAC) with optimization of the code
4. update of firmware of main microcontroller STM32
For the latest information about the Formula xHD, contact your local aqua - acoustic quality representative.
Find a Retailer >
© AQ TECHNOLOGIES S.r.l.
VAT : IT 08602220967
aqua - acoustic quality • Milano • Italia
Aqua R&D redefines the sonic performance of the Formula DAC